A number of young children were among the 14 people injured at a firework display in south Wiltshire last night, according to Wiltshire Police.
The emergency services rushed to the hotel at just after 8pm, after the packed-out firework display went horribly wrong – firing a dozen fireworks into the large crowd.
Paramedics and firefighters were seen running into the gardens of The Antrobus Hotel in Stonehenge, Amesbury, where a number of children and adults were hit by fireworks which flew directly at them.
Some children suffered burns to their faces, with others suffering property damage. It’s reported the one middle-aged woman’s coat was set fully alight during the incident.
A video of the incident unfolding was posted to the hotel’s Facebook page but was repeatedly deleted by the page’s admin amid a huge backlash from the public.
VIDEO: Watch the video on our Facebook page here.
The video shows a member of the public, a teenage girl, filming the firework display when around a dozen fireworks started to fly sideways into those who had come to watch.
Injuries sustained by those attending did not require immediate hospital treatment.
A spokesperson for the hotel released this statement: “Following the incident earlier we are glad to report that all services have stood down with no serious injuries, or anyone taken to hospital. Once again we apologise profusely for this very regrettable situation and we will be performing a full investigation, as well as liaising directly with those affected.”
Click here to join our WhatsApp Channel and get breaking news sent directly to your mobile – don’t forget to turn on notifications by clicking the bell icon.
Click a topic to read more stories like this: