A woman and her dog narrowly escaped being burnt alive when their car caught fire.
The Ford Focus was engulfed in flames on Rodden Road, Frome, shortly after 6pm last night (6 July).
The occupants, a woman and her dog, were able to escape the vehicle before it turned into an inferno.
Shortly after the flames took hold, the car was seen to move backwards down the road into the path of ongoing traffic before hitting a fence near Roddenbury Close.
Wiltshire 999s understands that the inferno was caused by the vehicle’s CD player catching fire.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service confirmed they were called to the scene at 6.18pm.
Firefighters from Frome attended the scene and “used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire affecting a Ford Focus”.
They said that the car was “severely damaged” by the flames, but have deemed the cause accidental.
— Wiltshire 999s (@Wiltshire999s) July 7, 2022