A man’s been charged with six offences following an incident whereby a police officer was injured.
Police were called about the welfare of a man who had reportedly been witnessed jumping in front of a minibus on the A4361 at around 10pm on Tuesday evening.
An officer suffered a slash wound to the hand caused by a razor blade during a the man’s arrest.
Lewis Frost, 25, of Horton, Devizes, has been charged with the following offences:
– Assault of an emergency worker
– Common assault of an emergency worker
– Actual Bodily Harm (ABH)
– Possession of a knife blade/sharp pointed article in a public place
– Fail to provide a specimen for analysis
– Breaking/likely to break bail conditions
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Swindon Magistrates Court this morning.
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: