A cottage in Chippenham has been completely destroyed in a major blaze last night.
The blaze in Cocklebury Lane broke out at around 7pm on Thursday evening, prompting the response of nine fire crews – and 55 firefighters – from across the county.
The cause of the fire is said to be a chip pan being left unattended on the hob.
Firefighters worked to successfully save a second adjoining property.
A man, thought to reside at the address, was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The British Red Cross emergency fire support unit attended the incident to provide residents support.
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: