A casualty has been taken to hospital after firefighters extinguished a kitchen fire in Swindon this morning.
The fire service was called to the incident in William Street, Kingshill, shortly before 9am following reports of the blaze within the domestic property.
On arrival, crews — from Swindon and Westlea — found there was a fire involving a pan on a hob in the ground floor kitchen.
Two breathing apparatus wearers used one hose reel jet, a safety jet and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
Positive pressure ventilation was utilised to clear the smoke logging.
A spokesperson for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed two casualties had fled the address before their arrival.
”Two persons had self evacuated before the arrival of the crews and an ambulance attended to check them over as they were suffering from smoke inhalation”, they commented.
Adding: “One of the casualties was transferred to hospital.”