Wiltshire Police has launched an investigation into a house fire in Cricklade last night.
The fire service were called to several reports of a home ablaze in Lady Mead at around 9pm.
Two fire crews, from Cricklade and Stratton (Swindon), were sent to the scene where they discovered the ground floor of the property fully alight.
A spokesperson for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews made the gas safe by isolating it, and extinguished the fire using four breathing apparatus, two hose reels, a covering jet and a safety jet.
“The fire was found to have started in an electrical cupboard under the stairs.”
Police are now probing the incident and have suspicions it was started deliberately.
A spokesperson for Wiltshire Police said: “Did you see or hear anything or anyone in that area before the fire started?
“If so please can you contact Wiltshire Police on 101 and quote crime reference number: 54200035755.
“Local officers have this morning been conducting house to house enquiries and CCTV enquiries.”
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: