A teenage girl from Seend, Melksham, has died after collapsing in Bath.
Chloe Gilbert, 15, collapsed at SouthGate shopping centre in the city centre at around 3pm on Sunday 5 March from what her family say could have been an allergic reaction to dairy.
Witnesses looked on as paramedics attempted to resuscitate her on Newark Street, which has been cordoned off by police officers.
Her family released this tribute: “Chloe Gilbert, our beautiful and talented daughter was suddenly taken from us on Sunday 5th March.
Our whole family and so many of Chloe’s friends have been left devastated at this sudden and tragic event.
“Chloe was diagnosed from an early age with an allergy to dairy products.
“The cause of Chloe’s death has yet to be ascertained, however we believe it may have been as a result to something Chloe had eaten.
“We urge anyone who has an allergy to seek immediate medical assistance if they believe they are suffering any form of reaction.”
Click here to join our WhatsApp Channel and get breaking news sent directly to your mobile – don’t forget to turn on notifications by clicking the bell icon.
Click a topic to read more stories like this: