A man has been charged with series of crimes against is girlfriend after an incident in Swindon.
Police officers swarmed Cottington Close in Freshbrook on Monday morning (27 November), before cordoning part of the road off as a crime scene for several hours.
At least seven police vehicles, including a dog unit, were in seen to be in attendance.
Elhadj Seck has since been charged in relation to the incident and appeared before Swindon Magistrates’ Court in custody this afternoon (Wednesday).
The 22-year-old, of Godolphin Close, Freshbrook, faces allegations of domestic abuse – including:
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm on his then-girlfriend x3
- Possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence
- Criminal damage of a mobile phone to the value of £350
He’s also accused of:
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm on a man
- Threats to kill PC Micah Thomas
- Assault by beating PC Alexander Allen
The alleged offences are said to have occurred between 25 November and 27 November.
Because the offences are linked and one charge is indictable only, the case was sent to Swindon Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing.
Seck was remanded in custody until the next hearing on 5 January.
Click here to join our WhatsApp Channel and get breaking news sent directly to your mobile – don’t forget to turn on notifications by clicking the bell icon.
Click a topic to read more stories like this: