A Swindon gym was evacuated while firefighters tackled a blaze in the sauna room today.
Four fire crews from local stations were sent to the incident at Simply Gym in west Swindon at around 5.20pm this evening, discovering a small fire in the involving the heating element and wood.
All personnel and gym-goers were evacuated prior to the arrival of the fire service.
Two breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets were used to extinguish the fire.
A spokesperson for Simply Gym confirmed that ‘everyone is safe’ and that the gym is open as usual, but the sauna room and sun bed area will be closed for the foreseeable future.
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: