Four fire crews from across the borough of Swindon have attended a serious blaze which has left a house gutted in Upper Stratton.
The devestating fire started in a cupboard under the stairs, but when firefighters arrived on scene, it had spread to both the ground and first floor.
Emergency services and the British Red Cross Fire Victim Support Unit attended home, in Merton Avenue, at around 3pm this afternoon.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: “A total of eight breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one main jet and positive pressure ventilation were used to extinguish the fire”
No one has been injured in the fire.
Click here to join our WhatsApp Channel and get breaking news sent directly to your mobile – don’t forget to turn on notifications by clicking the bell icon.
Click a topic to read more stories like this: