Ten major roads in Wiltshire remain closed today, as Wiltshire Police continue to advise drivers not to travel unless the journey you’re making is absolutely necessary.
Roads across the county continue to be treacherous, with snow turning to ice.
The major roads affected by closures today, Friday 1 February, are:
- CLOSED A419 entire northbound carriage way while a lorry is recovered, Swindon
- CLOSED A346 Marlborough road
- CLOSED Salthrop, Swindon
- CLOSED Priors Hill, Swindon
- PARTIALLY CLOSED A361 Beckhampton Straight is closed if travelling FROM Devizes TO Marlborough direction. Inbound to Devizes is still passable at present.
- Avoid the A346 Marlborough road to Chiseldon
- Avoid Priors Hill, top and bottom, Swindon
- Avoid Salthrop, Swindon
- CLOSED Victoria Road, Swindon
- CLOSED Kingshill Road, Swindon – motorists to be diverted through William Street
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: