A Salisbury man – who was once respected as an author – has admitted twelve counts of sexual assaults on girls as young as ten years old.
Peter Daniels, 69, from Alderbury, pleaded guilty to the charges which date back to August 2016, but an investigation is ongoing as 16 more children have made complaints.
Judge Susan Evans QC told Daniels that he will go to prison: “Please understand you are going to receive a significant custodial sentence.”
The full charges against Peter Daniels are:
- Rape of a child under 13,
- Attempted rape of a child under 13,
- Two counts of sexual assault of a 10-year-old girl,
- Sexual assault of a 10-year-old girl by penetration,
- Sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl,
- Two counts of making a category B indecent film of a child,
- Making category A indecent images of a child,
- Making category B indecent images of a child, and
- Two counts of making category C indecent images of a child.
He’s due to be sentenced on at Winchester Crown Court on 13 October.
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: