A man’s been hospitalised after being rescued by firefighters at his home this morning.
Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service received a 999 call at 1.05am, reporting the serious house fire in Victoria Road, Trowbridge.
Two crews, from Trowbridge and Melksham, were scrambled to the scene.
On arrival, firefighters found a fire in the lounge of the property.
One male occupant was rescued from a first floor bedroom using a short extension ladder.
Four breathing apparatus and two hose reels were used to extinguish the fire.
There were no working smoke alarms in the home, according to Trowbridge Fire Station.
One man has been taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: