An escaped mental health patient was arrested after a crime spree in Devizes yesterday morning.
The police helicopter was seen circling above the town for an hour as a dozen police officers worked to locate the 23-year-old man on the ground after he left Green Lane psychiatric hospital.
When officers located the Warminster man, he was arrested and later charged with:
• Aggravated vehicle taking
• Actual Bodily Harm (ABH)
• Assault on an emergency worker
• Possession of a bladed article in a public place
• Using a vehicle without insurance
• Using threatening/abusive/insulting words/behaviour with intent to cause fear of/provoke unlawful violence
He was remanded in custody overnight, to appear at Basingstoke Magistrates Court today.
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: