An elderly woman ran to her local shop to raise the alarm when a fire broke out in her kitchen in Royal Wootton Bassett this morning.
Four fire crews responded to the blaze in Coleridge Close shortly before midday, discovering a fire on the ground floor of a property.
Two firefighters entered and using hose reel jet, they extinguished the flames. Two other firefighters checked the property for further spread.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: “The elderly occupant had self-evacuated prior to the arrival of crews and made her way to a nearby shop who raised the alarm.
“One crew tended to the casualty and administered oxygen therapy to the occupant whilst awaiting the arrival of the ambulance service.”
Click here to join our WhatsApp Channel and get breaking news sent directly to your mobile – don’t forget to turn on notifications by clicking the bell icon.
Click a topic to read more stories like this: