A 17-year-old boy has been arrested after two teenagers were taken ill after ingesting what police officers think could be a batch of contaminated MDMA.
Wiltshire Police issued a warning after two girls suffered a bad reaction after taking the drugs on Saturday evening, having been sold the drugs in Westbury earlier that day.
The suspect, from Trowbridge, was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs. He remains in Melksham custody this morning for questioning.
Sergeant Scott Barrett said: “Obviously our message is always the same – steer well clear of any illegal drug use. However, we have concerns that there may be a dodgy batch of MDMA in our community which could lead to further illness.
“We believe the drugs have been sold in purple or red gram bags, and would urge anyone who thinks they may have been dealt this batch of drugs to call us on 101 or 999 in an emergency.
“I’d like to reassure the local community that we are carrying out a detailed investigation to identify the person responsible. If you have information which you think could assist our investigation, please call us on 101.”
Don't miss out on breaking local 999 news - follow us on Facebook now: