This page has been created for our network of freelance photographers across the county who voluntarily submit content to Wiltshire 999s in return for credit and exposure.
Please do not put yourself, or any other person, at risk when creating content to submit to Wiltshire 999s. We ask that you do not attempt to enter any emergency service cordons or break any laws in order to obtain photos/video. You create content at your own risk.
You SHOULD NOT:
- Enter any emergency service cordons – they are in place for a reason
- Ask emergency service professionals or causalities in-depth questions about the incident
- Attempt to interrupt emergency service personnel working at the scene
- Take photos while on privately owned land
- Take photos from the outer edge of an emergency service cordon
- Take photos while on public land only
- Feed back any information you find out/over-hear about the incident to a reporter
- Keep away from the incident scene – take photos from a distance if possible
- Call our newsdesk on 07794 802 940 if you have any questions while at a scene
Remember that no one has the legal right to stop you taking photographs in a public place. You can find out more about this on the Avon and Somerset Police website here.
Wiltshire 999s does not take responsibility for photographers who chose to create content for us. We strongly advise photographers to take out their own insurance cover.